|Acid Base Balance / Blood Gas Testing - Lesson 1|
So what is the role of the CLS in POCT if non-laboratory personnel are collecting the samples or performing the tests?
1. establish written policies and procedures.
2. implement and administer a quality assurance program, including quality control.
3. serve on a performance improvement committee for resolving problems.
4. establish training practices for specimen handling, testing and quality assurance protocols.
5. establish internal and external proficiency testing.
6. monitor test performance characteristics.
7. review policies and procedures periodically.