Reflect on Feelings, Attitudes and Behaviors
1. What is the patient feeling right now?
2. What attitudes and behaviors have the health care providers exhibited which might have exacerbated these feelings?
3. Has trust been eroded in this case? If so, where?
4. Did the doctor show that he valued the expertise of other health care professionals?
5. What are Doctor’s specific concerns?
6. Did Lucy show that she had concern for the patient?
7. When dealing with an upset client (patient or other health care provider),
- what tone of voice clues should you listen for?
- what body language and tone of voice clues should you watch for?
- what tone of voice should you project to be a more confident communicator?